You can allow your visitors to adjust the ingredient quantities to the number of servings that they’re actually going to make.
Just make sure that you only enter numbers in the servings and quantity fields when you’re entering your recipes for this feature to work correctly.
Want to have quantities outside of the ingredients? Try surrounding them with the [adjustable][/adjustable] shortcode to have them adjust with the serving size as well. For example, try using the following in your instructions:
“Separate the yolk of [adjustable]2[/adjustable] eggs…”
It’s possible to use fractions in your quantities as well. There’s even a setting to always use fractions after adjusting the serving size, if you prefer your quantities like that.
Try adjusting the serving size in this demo recipe. Clicking on the print button afterwards will even print the adjusted quantities:
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 clove garlic
- 12.5 g pine kernels
- 50 g basil leaves
- 6.25 cl olive oil extra virgin
- 27.5 g Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- We'll be using a food processor to make the pesto. Put the garlic, pine kernels and some salt in there and process briefly.
- Add the basil leaves (but keep some for the presentation) and blend to a green paste.
- While processing, gradually add the olive oil and finally add the Parmesan cheese.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and cook your 200g tagliatelle al dente.
- Use the cooking time of the pasta to sauté your bacon strips.
- After about 8 to 10 minutes, the pasta should be done. Drain it and put it back in the pot to mix it with the pesto.
- Present the dish with some fresh basil leaves on top.
This section can be used for anything you want:
- Chef's notes
- Recipe source
- Allergy information
Or just leave it empty, and it will not appear!